Benefits of Aesthetic Dentistry
In general, everyone has insecurities and can lack confidence when it comes to appearance. Having chipped, misshaped, discolored teeth or receding gum lines, causes insecurities. However with the assistance of modern-day technology, dentists can eliminate these insecurities with aesthetic dentistry methods.
In particular, aesthetic dentistry involves methods to improve the appearance, color, shape, alignment, and size of your teeth, while also focusing on bettering the overall health and functionality of your teeth. Unlike cosmetic dentistry, aesthetic dentistry is concerned with both the appearance and the overall health of your teeth. Because of this, aesthetic dentistry methods aim to boost confidence through providing a natural and healthy appearance.
Some techniques include:
- Teeth Whitening: Also referred to as “teeth bleaching”, this dental procedure brightens teeth by removing stains and discoloration.
- Dental Bonding: Due to new technology and materials, the process of tooth repair and restoration is easier and appears more natural. For instance, bonding and filling processes can fix damaged and displeasing surfaces of the teeth.
- Veneers: By placing thin porcelain layers over the teeth, this method is used to fix gaps in between teeth and conceal cracks or chips in teeth, as well as to protect enamel and restore discoloration.
- Dental Crowns: As a widely used dental procedure, dental crowns meet both your functional and aesthetic needs. As a result, crowns also protect a tooth in need. With the help of new technology, some crowns are made in one day.
- & Much More: In order to learn more about the dental work listed above, visit Common Dental Procedures or the Consumer Guide To Dentistry for further details.
Aesthetic dentistry techniques and technologies are constantly evolving to best improve the overall appearance and health of your smile. If you have insecurities or you are in need of aesthetic treatments, then Greg Johnson DDS is able to help! Contact us to schedule your consultation today.